Monday, March 26, 2012

Just For Fun Parties: Dessert Party {recipe #1}

This idea is nothing new. I first caught wind of them and hosted a couple when I was in college, but I'm sure they've been around a lot longer then that. You can do a dessert party for any occasion; shower, birthday, engagement, baptism, blessing.


When it comes to dessert parties, there is a wide variety of desserts you could include. You could center it around one type of dessert; cookies, cupcakes, bars, pies, etc. Or you could do a mixed dessert party. I typically do the latter.

The first dessert recipe I'm going to share with you is the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I've been told I'm a master cookie baker. I'm not sure about that, but I'll credit my baking skills to my genes. My grandpa was a baker and owned his own bakery and my mom worked there as she grew up. My uncle later took over the bakery and I used to visit all the time, so I say it's in my blood. The love for sweets is also in my blood, which is not a good thing, if you know what I mean.



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Salt
1½ – 2 cups Oatmeal
1 cup Shortening
2 cups Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
About 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips

Directions:
  •      Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  •      Lightly grease cookies sheets
  •      Beat to combine: Shortening, Brown Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla (WET)
  •      Whisk to combine: Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Oatmeal (DRY)
  •      Add the DRY mixture to the WET (in 3 additions)
  •      Stir in the Chocolate Chips
  •      Spoon dough onto greased cookie sheets.
  •      Bake 8-10 minutes, a tiny bit golden on top.
  •      Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then move to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment