Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cure For A Rash

My little guy got a REALLY bad diaper rash. I tried a few things and eventually found the cure.

I believe it was a combination of things. So here the tips and tricks to clearing up a bad diaper rash.

  • Use wet paper towels instead of wipes. The chemicals, no matter how gentle or natural, will irritate the rash.
  • Completely dry the baby's bottom before applying cream. I highly recommend using a blow dryer. If you don't have time, then use a dry paper towel (pat dry) or other means.
  • Use Aquaphor! This was THE only cream/ointment that worked for my baby. I tried two different diaper rash creams and a prescribed cream from the pediatrician; none of them worked. The prescribed one actually irritated it more.
  • Let the baby's bottom air out for periods of time. Lay him on his tummy with towels underneath in case he needs to go.
i'll talk more about aquaphor at a later time.

With those tips and tricks your baby's rash should clear up in a few days. You have to be patient with rashes. If it gets worse or doesn't improve at all, then I'd call your pediatrician.

No comments:

Post a Comment