Monday, March 1, 2010

What's Most Important?

When you begin your journey of planning your wedding, you want to start off knowing what detail(s) are the most important to you. For everyone it will be different. It could be the dress, cake, flowers, photography, invitations, bridal party, food, decor, etc.

Once you have prioritized everything, then you can figure out how to cut costs on the least important things. This way you can really put the money into the things that are at the top of your list.

Let's take me for example. The invitations, photography, dress, and brunch were at the top of my list. So in order to get what I wanted with these 4, I down-sized a couple of things. I didn't have a huge reception; just a smaller, intimate brunch with friends and family we ACTUALLY knew. We just wanted to "cut the cake", so we had a single 9 inch round cake made. We didn't want to spend a ton of money on something that might not even get eaten. We also didn't have a bridal party, so we didn't have to worry about spending money on the flowers and wardrobe. I didn't feel jipped by down-sizing or cutting these details out. It's actually how I always wanted it. Less stress and money if you take out the bridal party and the number of guests you invite. By making these modifications,I was able to spend more money on the dress, invitations, photographer, and brunch to have them just the way I wanted.

So just be sure you know what's most important to you! Once you do, then you can cut costs in the other areas to really splurge on the important things!

No comments:

Post a Comment