Friday, March 5, 2010

The Dress


Finding your dress can be one of the biggest pains or one of the best things about the whole process! It could take you days or even weeks to find the dress. But if you're one of the lucky ones, like I was, it will only take you an hour or 2! Here are a few tips for when you're searching for that "perfect dress".

Tip 1
Before you even go shopping for your dress, you need to set a budget. If a store is beyond your budget, don't even go there! You don't want to be tempted to break your spending limit.

Tip 2
The wedding dress shopping usually starts with looking through magazines and online. This will give you an idea of what you like and narrow the selection down before you even go to the stores.

Tip 3
What you like in the pictures and have in mind, you may not end up liking on you. If this happens, be open minded! Try on a variety of styles. Through the process you will narrow it down to a couple of styles you like.

Tip 4
Dresses look a lot different on the hanger then on you! Since this is the case, try any and everything on! You may be surprised what looks good on you and what you like!

I used all these tips to find my dress! I had an idea of what I liked by looking through magazines. Then by trying on a variety of dresses, I was really able to determine what I liked and what looked good on me! And I found "the one"! Thank you Alta Moda bridal and Pamela (the wonderful seamstress that did the alterations)!

Like "the ring", you'll know when you've found "the dress"!

By keeping these tips in mind, finding "the dress" will go more smoothly for you! Good luck and enjoy the process, it only happens once!

No comments:

Post a Comment