Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fresh Bean & Corn Salsa and Salsa Chicken

I have two recipes for you this post; the salsa could serve as the appetizer and the chicken as the main course.



I'm sure you've all made, if not had the fresh bean and corn salsa. There's got to be a million recipes out there for it, but this is the one I use. I don't follow it to a T; I like to go by look (it's so colorful and pretty) and taste.


Fresh Bean & Corn Salsa

1 15oz can Yellow Corn
1 15oz can White Corn
2 15oz cans Black Beans
2 lg. Tomatoes
¼ cup Cliantro
5 Green Onions
1 sm. Red Onion
1 Tbs Garlic – minced
¼ cup Lime Juice
1-2 Avocados
2 Tbs Olive Oil

Directions:
·     Drain & Rinse: Corn & Beans
·     Chop Tomatoes
·     Finely chop Cilantro
·     Cut Green Onion into thin slices
·     Dice Red Onion
·     Cut Avocado into small pieces
·     Add ALL ingredients together and enjoy! 


The last time I made it I used all white corn, added more tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. I used half a red onion and 3 green onions. I also added some salt and pepper.

I got this simple Salsa Chicken from my mom. She just came up with it one day. It's super simple and easy and just a good way to spice up chicken.


Salsa Chicken


Ingredients:
Desired amount of Chicken Breasts
Salsa of choice
Cheddar Cheese
Avocado


Directions:

  • Broil your chicken breasts on low for about 30 minutes.
  • Lightly grease a sauce pan. 
  • Once the chicken is cooked, put it in the pan and cover with salsa (haha, I use Pace), then cover with cheese.
  • Cover the pan with a lid to let the cheese melt.
  • Once the cheese has melted serve it up with some avocado.

We don't have a grill and I'm horrible at cooking chicken in a pan. I discovered that broiling chicken on low is awesome! It keeps the chicken tender and juicy. Besides the slow cooker, it's the only way I cook it. Just a little tip.

I hope you enjoy these recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment