Friday, February 26, 2010

The Bling!


The ring could be considered the most important and significant part of the whole wedding process. You know when you get that sparkler on your finger you can't wait to show it off! And even better, when complete strangers notice your bling bling because it's blinding them! I have a couple of tips when it comes to the icing placed upon that beloved ring finger.

1st
Ladies be open to the possibility that the ring you've dreamed of and imagined your whole life might NOT be the one you fall in love with! You may see a ring in a catalog or on someone else's finger and fall in love with it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll love it on your finger. SO....try on all sorts of rings. Thick band, thin band, 1 band, multiple bands, pave, and the list goes on and on and on. There are so many different styles of rings out there now! Try different cuts of diamonds. Round, princess, oval, pear, marquise, heart, emerald, asscher, radiant.

2nd
Now in your search for the perfect bling, don't just shop at one or two stores. Go to multiple! If you think you've found the one, just be sure by going to other stores. Let me tell you a little story. While shopping for my ring I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. 2-3 pave diamond bands with one nice sparkler to top it off. Well I tried on ring after ring in that style and I wasn't feeling it. Then I came across a ring that looked like 4 pave bands criss-crossed, but really one band with the diamond in the middle (the ring pictured at the top of the blog). I fell in love with it. And I knew it was the one when we went to other stores and ALL I could think about was that other ring.

Well those are my "couple" of ring tips for now. I have a couple more, but I'll just leave you with these thoughts for the moment. Keep tuning in to find out more tips to finding your perfect bling!

1 comment:

  1. Shar
    This is so cute! I'm so excited for you. You are such a little organized person and always making cute little cards. I remember all the cute notes you gave me as my secret sister on Dance Co... Hope all goes well. Hey you should also check out my sis inlaws blog, she's a photographer and maybe you guys could recommend each other. ashleeraubachphotography.blogspot.com and kyle and i have a blog kpxfamily.blogspot.com
    keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete